Marmot friend

Marmot friend
Our little Marmot friend-checking out the clover

WINTER 2008

WINTER 2008
WINTER 2008

The right side of my original photos are blurry....why you say? The day I took them I was so tired from working that I thought my eyes were tired and not focusing. In reality it was a finger smudge on the lens of the camera. Got a kick our of myself when I realized what had happened.


August is not a good time of year to begin remodeling a mobile home. Especially one that has 2 barely working air conditioners, both scarcely hanging from the windows in which they were placed. The weather was in the 100's and my little tuna can reeked of leftover odors from cigarettes and a dog...not a good picture.


My role model for this endeavor... MY AUNT MARY, who encouraged me all along the way by listening and laughing with me. She was a fixer-upper and remodeler...and I would follow in her footsteps!?!

My Favorite Aunt Mary

My Favorite Aunt Mary

Saturday, February 20, 2010

MAIN BEDROOM



 
See that built in dresser in the corner...took me 3 hrs to yank and break that thing out!!





 
1950's furniture left by the previous owners
 

4 comments:

Funky Junk Sisters said...

Your place is looking really fabulous! Thanks for stopping by our blog!!! I have moved back to Spokane =) Linda and I grew up in Deer Park.
xoxo
Dixie
Funky Junk Sisters

Chic Cottage Junk said...

Kathy, I can't believe the transformation. You have copious amounts of patience in this renovation and it's really paying off. I am so happy that you could see the "vision" before you bought it!

Sue

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

You did a great job in this room.
The vintage furnishings were an added bonus with purchase I guess.
They look much better now with the walls painted.
Spacious.
And clean looking.
I can tell you've taken your time with this little endeavor.

Anonymous said...

You did an amazing job. Really love your pictures. The vintage vanity is gorgeous- looks older than the 50s-more like a deco piece from the 30s.